Thursday, January 17, 2008

What I have to say

Dear Ex,

How are you? I have had you on my mind lately, curious as to how things have been. Do I ever cross your mind...anytime? Do you ever wake up, reaching out for me?

This time last year we were breaking up. And this week in particular, I am (suprisingly) in mourning over that break up. Don't get me wrong, this isn't an attempt to get back with you. It was clear to me then and is still clear to me now, that we aren't the ones for each other. We both deserve to be happy. And quite honestly, I am not really sure I want to be "friends" with you. However, I did care and I still do. Because I loved you once, I still hope that only good things have come your way.

And so I write this letter out of a mixture of sadness, curiousity, grieving and loss. I guess I just wanted to get that out of my heart.

I hope you are well.

No comments: